Our current Recruitment period has ended for this semester, but check back for more information for Fall 2018!
You have a choice. There are many organizations on your campus. You cannot possibly join every organization. So how do you choose the small number of organizations that you want to join?
- Maybe making friends is important to you?
- Maybe having an opportunity to organize projects and events sounds exciting?
- Maybe being part of a leading campus organization that will enhance your career opportunities is where it’s at?
- Maybe having a chance to do service for campus and community is what you crave?
- Maybe knowing that you are associating with a group of highly motivated, academic peers is important?
- Maybe you are looking for a group where you can freely express your ideas and creativity?
- Maybe you want to be part of a group that knows how to have fun?
What if you did not have to choose? What if you found an organization that “had it all”, that gave you everything you were looking for and more? Look no further. Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity is that organization.
Phi Sigma Pi takes the best attributes from an honor society, a service fraternity and a social fraternity and blends them into one organization different from all others. Phi Sigma Pi does not fit the typical mold. Phi Sigma Pi is progressive and breaks with tradition. Phi Sigma Pi is THE ONLY national honor fraternity in existence.
- We are NOT an honor society
- We are NOT a service fraternity
- We are NOT a social fraternity
- We ARE a unique organization that gives you the best of all of the above.
The value that Phi Sigma Pi offers comes from its uniqueness. We engage the brightest and best academic students on campus and provide them with the opportunity to enhance their college experience and improve their abilities outside the classroom. We recognize that these students are typically some of the busiest and most active students on campus. Because Phi Sigma Pi is a blend of traditional organizations it offers a major advantage to the already time-challenged student. Phi Sigma Pi is an active group that offers strong academic students the chance to experience the benefits of three types of organizations all consolidated efficiently and effectively into one organization… the personal rewards of an honor society, the internal satisfaction of serving others and the memories and friendships that will last long after the college years are over.
Phi Sigma Pi is different. Phi Sigma Pi offers an experience distinctive from any other organization. The following 5 values summarize what Phi Sigma Pi offers:
- We promote learning and achievement – We are an organization of high achievers who yearn for self-improvement. Membership requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, but that is only the beginning. We encourage activities that expose our members to new experiences, situations and information. We also provide members the opportunity to apply for fraternity scholarships. Membership in Phi Sigma Pi is an honor and a mark of distinction that recognizes a commitment to past, present and future academic excellence.
- We embrace diversity – We are an inclusive organization. We are stronger due to the men and women from numerous ethnic, socio-economic, and religious backgrounds that comprise the membership of our 100+ chapters nationwide.
- We value helping others – We believe in giving to those less fortunate than ourselves. Through our national philanthropy, Teach For America, and through local chapter charities we give of our time and energies to improve humankind.
- We cultivate future leaders – We expose our members to situations that build their skills as leaders. We place people in positions of responsibility. We give people opportunities to organize projects and events. We advance their ability to work together in teams for the benefit of the greater good.
- We build lifelong friendships – We know how to have fun. We believe in balancing work and effort with relaxation and enjoyment. We encourage trips, theme parties and other social events that foster fellowship. We also find fellowship through working together to organize academic and service projects. We work hard, but we also treasure the time we set aside for our members to connect, share, laugh and cultivate friends for life. It is for this reason we are a fraternity and not a society.
Through its unique set of values, its actions and its reputation, being a member of Phi Sigma Pi benefits your college years and your professional career. By making the commitment to join Phi Sigma Pi you are embarking on a journey that will affect your life in an ongoing positive way. We pledge to walk side-by-side with you on this journey and work together with you to ensure a successful Phi Sigma Pi experience. We believe you will look back on your decision to join Phi Sigma Pi with fondness and great personal satisfaction. (Text from National Website)
Interested in joining the Beta Epsilon Chapter of Phi Sigma Pi? Contact our Recruitment Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.